Akamai Technologies/San Mateo, CA (CA)
Senior Industry Marketing Manager - Media and Entertainment
Location: US-CA-San Mateo
Posted Date: 3/19/2012
Cost Center: AAA
About the Job
The Senior Industry Marketing Manager for M&E will be responsible for devising the go-to-market strategy for Akamai's largest industry segment in the Americas region. This includes understanding key trends and opportunities across a variety of media & entertainment segments �?? including broadcast, film, publishing, social media, radio, advertising technology and gaming �?? and creating targeted marketing strategies to drive adoption of Akamai's complete product portfolio within those segments. The Sr. Industry Marketing Manager partners closely with sales leadership in developing and with the broader sales team in executing the strategy to maximize the opportunity across this broad segment.
The Senior Industry Marketing Manager will lead the execution of the strategy by identifying key targets, creating targeted messaging, business value propositions and ROI around relevant Akamai solutions and translating those into sales tools and other outward facing deliverables. They work closely with the marketing programs team to create effective campaign and marketing strategies to establish industry leadership, drive interest, create targeted opportunities and accelerate sales.
This position involves working with cross functional team of product managers, product marketing managers, public relations, marketing program managers, creative services and training specialists. It requires proven experience in launching new services through creation and execution of a comprehensive go to market plans as well as a successful tract record in identifying needs and delivering resources to the field to accelerate the sales cycle. An understanding of Internet and Web site infrastructure is required. Experience in industry-aligned hi-tech marketing or product marketing is a requirement. Candidates with direct experience in the digital media industry are preferred.
About the Team
Industry Marketing owns the "where to go and what to say" at Akamai and is influential in guiding the sales force and helping them succeed in their mission of market penetration. We do this through the creation of industry-specific packages, defining business value for prospective customers and then enabling sales to successfully sell to those prospects through resources such as sales tools, research, demonstrations and reference examples. The success of an Industry Marketing Manager is measured in sales tools produced, leads generated, deals closed, revenue booked and sales executives satisfied.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy including target segments, accounts, value proposition and key strategic initiatives.
- Deliver customer and prospect marketing strategies to defend and grow Akamai's revenue in the priority M&E segments.
- Develop, drive and manage high level lead pipeline for sales working with programs and account development teams.
- Drive and assist in execution of new marketing programs to accelerate sales and capture leads such as online webcasts, regional seminars and events and leadership roundtables.
- Produce sales tools and resources to support the value proposition of Akamai solutions including collateral, presentations, case studies, demonstrations and Web site content.
- Host regular industry training for the field.
- Drive custom research projects with external analysts.
- Maintain and contribute to public facing Web content for Media & Entertainment.
- Collaborate with public relations and marketing programs to create and execute PR and advertising strategies to increase Akamai's leadership in key segments.
- Create messaging, positioning and sales tools for key M&E segments
- Provide sales support and escalation for deals as needed contributing to customer wins.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience: 8+ years of Product/Industry Marketing experience.
- 5+ years of digital media industry experience �?? online publishing, online advertising, video technology, content distribution.
- 5+ years experience bringing new products or services to market through both direct and indirect channels.
- 3+ years experience working directly with sales leadership to develop and execute on strategy.
- Background and understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including online publishing, ad serving and web analytics.
- Familiarity with the filmed entertainment ecosystem including content management, encoding, transcoding, publishing, content protection and distribution.
- Understanding of the video technology landscape including major formats, key features and emerging video technology.
- Understanding of the Web analytics landscape a plus.
- Strong analytic skills - ability to research and analyze market trends and synthesize results into actionable plans.
- Strong business, technical, and marketing fundamentals.
- The ability to indirectly manage resources towards marketing milestones and goals.
- Demonstrated written communication skills - white papers, brochures, direct marketing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with experience presenting ideas to senior management and customers in intimate and large venues.
- Competent in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you're helping some of the world's best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that's extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai �?? leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Apply To Job